February 25, 2016

Road Trip Essentials

Like a lot of people, I absolutely love travelling. I love exploring new cities and countries, and being completely drained when I get back home. But since I have a full time job with only a couple of weeks vacation per year, jaunts to other continents every few weeks isn't really possible. #sadface

That's why hubby and I have been chatting more and more about taking road trips this summer! I mean, it doesn't have to be summer but it's way more annoying when you have to account for winter layers and weather. There's actually so much to see and do within driving distance from us that it'd be silly not to take advantage!

So what better way to take my mind off of this snowy/rainy/sleety/slushy (yes, all in ONE day) weather than by day dreaming of packing for a road trip?!



Drinks are the most obviously road trip staple! We always have bottles of water in the car so I don't even consider that something I have to pack. Just throw in your caffeine of choice to keep you awake - energy drinks for hubby and coffee pour moi - and you're set!

Snacks are a close second - hello chips & candy! - but it's definitely a good idea to throw in healthy snacks as well. Maybe even a couple of sandwiches if you're going to be driving for a while. The more variety the better - there's nothing worse than making a zillion pit stops because you're suddenly craving plain M&Ms, not peanut ones.

Music options, and lots of them! The radio's cool and all until they replay the same song five times in one hour and the commercials become unbearable. We have totally different tastes in music so often take turns playing DJ between our loaded up iPods and mixed CDs. Oh yes, I totally still love my mixed CDs!

Don't forget a GPS (or Google Maps) because ain't nobody got time for getting lost. I mean, yes it can be fun don't get me wrong...but I'd rather not waste two hours back tracking, ya know? By the way, having a paper map in the car can't hurt because you just never know. And I'm kind of old school like my dad.

We've taken our GoPro on every vacation since we got it and I love the awesome videos we end up with. Like our California Pacific Highway road trip...I feel like nothing will ever top that but we can try!

Odds are you're not going anywhere ultra fancy on this road trip so why not wear your comfiest clothes? Jogging pants, hoody and sneakers...yasssss! Plus some shades. Totally #basicbitch but totally the most common sense choice for sitting in a car all day, amiright?

Because safety is always first, we always keep emergency and first aid kits in the car but they're especially important when you're driving long distances. Best to also bring a pillow and blanket as well, just in case. Plus, the passenger (aka me) will most likely be taking naps along the way.

OK so I pretty much can't wait until summer now, ugh. Just three...more...months...to go... Did I miss any important road trip essentials? Comment below!

 photo new blog signature_zpsaaxahh7i.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!