February 11, 2016

I'm Too Old For This Shit

As a general rule, I hate this term. The moment you tell yourself that you're too old for something, even if you aren't, you become so. If Susan Sarandon isn't too old to show mad cleavage, you're probably not too old to go out dancing with your friends once a year. #perspective

But I do like using this phrase for shit that I'm totally over. Or was always over, but felt obligated to pretend I wasn't over. If that even makes sense... I guess this could be a slight extension on this post and how I'm selfishly taking my life back.


So here's some shit I'm too old for:
  • Sleeping a fucking air mattress. Or someone's couch.
  • Sleeping anywhere that isn't my bed (or my couch), to be honest
  • Shitty coffee
  • Shitty expensive coffee
  • Bad food
  • Bad service
  • Fake people
  • Dealing with people's sensitivity
  • Doing anything just because it's 'socially acceptable'
  • Cheap booze
  • Mimosas with orange juice
  • Buying cheaply made clothes & shoes...but I'm still going to hunt for those sales!
  • Trying to change people
  • Cheap vacations
  • Pleasing others
  • Skipping dessert
  • Lame conversations
  • Lame "get-togethers"
  • Explaining my feelings or opinions
  • Making time for people who have no place in my life
  • Bad TV
  • Bad movies
  • Giving a shit about things that don't concern me
  • Generally doing anything that I don't want to do...

Time is something you'll never get back - don't waste it on shit you're too old to deal with :)

 photo new blog signature_zpsaaxahh7i.jpg

1 comment :

  1. AMEN! I agree with every single one, especially the sleeping in places that aren't my bed, cheap booze (single barrel Jack Daniels please!) and fake people. Rock on. :) - Sam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!