January 28, 2016

X-Files, Revived

The day I'd been waiting for finally came and went last Sunday - the premier of The X-Files Revival mini series - and you better believe that a year of waiting was worth it.

Little did I know when I first started re-watching the series on Netflix back in the summer of 2014, how in love I would fall with it. Hell, they didn't even know they were doing a reboot back then! Everything I'd missed out on as a kid not being allowed to watch was full filled and naturally, I fell in love with David Duchovny (aka Hank Moody) all over again.

So what did I think...?

My first though was, "Thank God this was a two-night premier because the first episode what shiiiiiiiit." For real. It was cheesy as fuck and filled with substance-less one liners.

*Mulder walks out of random car*
Scully: "Uber?!"

Right, it's 2016. We have calendars, ya know. But besides the somewhat lame sensationalism around the Internet, smart phones and social media, it was the usual Mulder/Scully banter and conspiracy theories. And I ate that shit up with a big fat spoon because there was never a doubt in my mind that I would watch & love this thing no matter what it turned out to be. Kind of like your baby - you love it no matter what.

But like I said, Monday's second episode of the series totally redeemed the previous night's premier. We were past the (re)intros, past the rekindling of the relationship and right into solving mysteries. It wasn't redundant, had just the right amount of flashback and mythology tie in, and a foundation to build more story on. In other words, perfection.

The next five weeks will be the absolute best and then I will be devastated, but I will cross that bridge when I get to it. I also read this great post about first impressions of the Revival and I'm so happy to know that I am not alone...get it? #alienjoke

In the meantime, I'll enjoy whatever Mulder/Scully action I can get!


 photo new blog signature_zpsaaxahh7i.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!