December 31, 2015

2015, You were BIG!


From top left:
Engagement Photos (April); Wedding Day (May 30 '15); Hawaiian Honeymoon (June) x 2; Purple locks (October); Wedding Day (May 30 '15) x 2; Hawaiian Honeymoon (June); Red locks (September)

Guys, it's December 31, 2015 - holy shit. I don't want to get too wordy but this past year has certainly been BIG and my instagram #2015bestnine sums it up quite well!

The beginning on the year was marked by a whole lot of wedding planning. Because I essentially pulled together the entire wedding (with small exceptions) in like four months. That's what procrastination does, folks! It was the best, worst, most daunting, most crazy and most rewarding time of my life. Seriously.

In the end, also totally worth it because our wedding day was awesome & we had a blast! After that we headed to 10 days in Hawaii and had the best honeymoon/trip ever! I totally recommend going to Hawaii to anyone - it's truly glorious and the pictures do not do it justice. I would go again - or move there - in a heartbeat!

And after that...getting back into a groove. Time with friends, family and each other doing things around the city and at home. And a lot of work time for me...I'll save that for another time. But I'm extra happy that I was lucky enough to start a new job just before year's end & I'm really looking forward to that!

I learned a lot this year - about myself, about those around me, about life, work, friendships, happiness and love. I learned...

  • about unconditional love
  • how important my family is to me
  • that hard work pays off
  • that I'm my own worst enemy, always
  • that I have to make my own happiness, no matter who else is in my life
  • that I want to travel like crazy!
  • how great it is to resurrect old friendships
  • which relationships are worth nurturing
  • which relationships to just stop trying with
  • that I don't "owe" anyone anything, and vice versa
  • to grab life by the horns
  • to stop overthinking everything (this is on-going learning, it'll take a while)
  • to let go of the past...

I'll be taking all of these learnings with me into 2016 as I make changes in my life and continue to improve myself. Can't wait!

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year & a glorious 2016!

 photo new blog signature_zpsaaxahh7i.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!