September 16, 2015

things i've learned about blogging

Don't confuse this with a how-to-be-a-good-blogger post. It's probably the opposite so that you can learn from my ways. Even though I've been blogging for over 5 years, with breaks of course, I haven't mastered it all and definitely still make some rookie mistakes. 



- don't ever think that you can quickly put together a [good] post 30 minutes before bed

- if it feels rushed or your heart's not in it, it will most certainly sound that way

- writing about something you think people want to read instead of something you actually care about is not going to make you feel fulfilled

- you will never be able to keep up with all of the link ups out there

- even if I'm not posting, reading other bloggers' posts still makes me feel connected and all warm&fuzzy

- getting comments = amazing feeling!

- blogging isn't about getting comments - it's about whatever makes your heart happy

- 'saving up' to reply to said blog comments will probably lead to you forgetting and then you will feel bad. [apologies to anyone i may currently owe responses to! LOL]

- it's OK to be more excited about receiving emails/likes/tweets from your blog than your IRL ones. trust.

- the likelyhood of you gaining blog famousity is slim, but one can dream...


 photo new blog signature_zpsaaxahh7i.jpg

2 comments :

  1. I save up blog reading, commenting and responding all the time and I get so overwhelmed. I need to be a lot better and checking in at least every three days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmfao. Currently trying to play catch up on all the comments, blog posts and emails I've unintentionally saved up on. Great list and definitely all TRUE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!