August 12, 2014

RIP Robin Williams

This is the order of emotions I felt last night after hearing the news of Robin Williams...

- Disbelief...because this must be another internet rumour.
- Shock
- Sadness
- Denial
- Tears...and that's still happening any time I read something about him.

I thought about why the tears and realized it's the fact that his movies are in the top favourites of my childhood & early adolescence. He was brilliant.


Aladdin - my first Disney movie


Mrs. Doubtfire - One of the first movies I fell in love with in that "watch it any time it's on" way


Hook - I have always loved Peter Pan


Jumanji - My dad took me to see this in theatres & I loved it once


Dead Poet's Society - One of the only "educational" movies I didn't hate watching in school


Patch Adams - The first movie I thought of when I heard the news...


Good Will Hunting - I am convinced he made this movie what it was for Matt Damon & Ben Affleck
And so my love affair crush with Matt Damon began...

I realize there are more. Many more. Older, newer, better, worse. He was incredible and there will never be another like him. I feel lucky to have been able to watch his movies through the years, and will continue to watch them for many years to come...


 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

2 comments :

  1. He was so, so great. Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie ever. The soundtrack was the first CD I ever bought. I watched it with my kids for the first time last night and of course Genie was their favorite character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a high school sophomore when 'Aladdin' came out. I watched it in the theater twice, once with my best friend Therese and again with my friend Sharon. So many happy memories. I had the soundtrack on tape and I listened to it again and again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!