August 8, 2014

Review: July ipsy Glambag

I was pretty happy with my July haul and the goodies were packed into yet another cute pouch. I'm using it to store a few travel-sized products in my gym bag.



derma e BB Creme with SPF 25
I'm glad I received this when I did because the current BB I have doesn't have any SPF and I like to protect my face as much as possible in the summer. This formula goes on a bit greasy but sets in a few minutes. If I'm short on time, I brush on a bit of translucent powder to help it set faster. I really like how long the formula lasts & if it wasn't so expensive ($30 for 60mL) I would buy it once my sample finished.

Pixi Beauty Mini Tinted Brilliance Balm in Unique Pink
This thing is so cute! In my experience, 'tinted' lip balm is either full on lip gloss or completely clear. This is a true tint - it goes on smooth & moist, with a hint of colour. I'm happy I got the shade that I did b/c the other option was quite dark. I think this will last me a while but I wouldn't definitely buy this!

POP Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer
Another product with perfect timing. My current bronzer is matte, for all-over dusting. This bronzer has a hint of sparkle and is the perfect not-too-dark shade for my skintone. I've been using it as blush/highlighter for a more natural everyday look and I love it. In terms of formula, I don't know that it's much different than any other bronzer and apparently this brand only ships to the US & EU so it wouldn't be easy to get anyway.

Pur~lisse pur~protect essential daily moisturizer spf 30
Is the 'perfect timing' thing getting redundant? I'm currently using a Cetaphil daily moisturizer (hate it, but that's a different story) and it only has an SPF of 15. Like I said, I need extra SPF in the summer but it's more or less a standard moisturizer. Great size for keeping in my makeup case.

bareMinerals READY® Eyeshadow 2.0 in The Illuminated
Honestly, I didn't try this product. I meant to but I almost never wear eyeshadow (though you'd never know it by my collection) and the occasion to test it out just didn't come around. The colours are a white-ish and a deep plum. I don't doubt that they are pretty good considering what I know of the bareMinerals brand but I don't have a review of this at the moment. Fail, sorry.

Have you tried any of these products and/or brands? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

If you're interested in ipsy & want to get me some bonus points, click here! :)


   photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

1 comment :

  1. I love seeing what people get and then kick myself for cancelling! let me know how the Pur-lisse is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!