August 15, 2014

Book Club - Pretty in Plaid


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this Jen Lancaster memoir more than the last few which was a pleasant surprise. I think the reason for that is that it was a trip down memory lane from when she was a young child, up until her first book, Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass, Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office (which I thought was great!). My favourite was her earlier childhood - I love preppy, sophisticated kids so that's probably why.

So if you'd lost hope in Jen Lancaster, like me, I still think this could be a redeemer for you!


Thanks to  Heather & Katie for hosting! 

 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

1 comment :

  1. You sent me this as a recco on Goodreads and I still want to read it. *glances at insanely high TBR pile* I loved Bitter is the New Black, so I suspect that I'll love this one too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!