July 4, 2014

Book Club - The October List

by Jeffery Deaver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked up this book on a reco and because I was super intrigued with the storyline being written backwards. As you know, I'm a sucker for mysteries and crime.

It actually started off just ok and I wasn't terribly impressed with the writing. It seemed a little bit amateur and the author had this annoying way of calling out brands/companies like it was product advertising. That's probably just a personal pet peeve though. Just as I was starting to wonder where this story may be going the twists, turns and spins started. Then I loved it. Definitely a great and unique read!


Thanks to  Heather & Katie for hosting!



 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

1 comment :

  1. I read my first Jeffery Deaver (THE BLUE NOWHERE) about a million years ago and freaking loved it. LOVED IT. But every one I've read since then hasn't been nearly as awesome. It's such a bummer. But if you're willing to give him another go, I recommend TBN. It may be slightly out of date now, because it's about the internets, but it's still a fabulous read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!