June 12, 2014

Review: May ipsy Glam Bag

Still catching up a bit on my ipsy reviews but I'll be on track soon enough! Catch April's review here.


May was my second ipsy Glambag and not gonna lie, it wasn't terribly thrilling. They were all things that I wouldn't bother buying for myself - not because of price, but just due to lack of interest.

Without further ado, here are my thoughts on the products...


Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask
ipsy website


This hair mask is really a conditioner in my opinion. Since I have really fine hair, I don't use much conditioner because it tends to make my hair greasy. Really just on my ends and even then, not every time. I've used this one a few times and while it's good, I can't see how it differs from any other conditioner.

I will continue using it but I wouldn't buy this once I'm finished with it.












Hang Ten Classic Sport SPF50
ipsy website

Yes it's summer and sunscreen is useful, but you see - I already have an abundance of it.

The sunscreen itself is on the more liquid side and doesn't smell as coconut-y as other sunscreens. But the size is actually perfect to throw in my purse so that I always have some handy in case I need it.

I will continue using it but I wouldn't buy this once I'm finished with it.









Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo
ipsy website


Continuing with the trend, I'm also not a big eye shadow user. I don't like looking overdone for work and the special occasions worthy of eye shadows just aren't that frequent.

I do like these colours - perfect for summer! - and they go on nicely. The longevity hasn't been extreme but my eye shadow tends to rub off most often than not so it could just be me.

I will continue using it but I wouldn't buy this once I'm finished with it.






Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
ipsy website

This is the product I was most excited about - another higher end brand - but also the product I've had the most issues with.

The bronzer is medium to dark coloured and it is really dark. If you haven't noticed, my skin tone is pretty ghost-like. However, I've read that a lot of fair skinned people use this successfully so it's definitely the fact that I'm a newb when it comes to contouring & using bronzer properly.

I'm going to continue practicing with this product and learning how to use it properly!






Avène Thermal Spring Water
ipsy website


I have always wondered about products like. Water in a can. I won't deny that it feels great but still - it's water in a can!!

But since I have it, I'll be bringing it with me when the weather gets really humid and I plan on being outdoors for long periods of time. So, like at the beach. It'll definitely feel great then.

Yet another one that I will continue using but I wouldn't buy once I'm finished with it.






Yeah, this bag was kind of a flop but I'm telling myself that they can't all be awesome. Plus...I may or may not have just received my June bag today (yes, remember I'm a teeny bit behind?) and I'm excited to try it all!

Have you tried any of these products? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

If you're interested in ipsy & don't mind helping me get some bonus points, click here! :)


 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

2 comments :

  1. i use a bronzer by Tarte and i love it! make sure to use a very light dusting and a large brush when applying bronzer. i only apply across my forehead, cheekbones, tip of my chin and down my nose.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still on the waiting list for the ipsy bag but maybe I should just cancel? I don't care for hair products much because I don't really have time for it. Hell, I didn't even brush my hair since yesterday. Sunscreen, yeah, no thanks. I think I'd only really be excited for the higher-end products too.

    As for contouring, it's more just a preference. I've tried the whole face contouring thing, and it looks awesome in photos and videos, but in real life, it kinda looks weird. For everyday, I just contour the hollows of my cheeks, under my cheek bones for more definition.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!