June 6, 2014

Book Club - Insurgent

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What surprised me with this book is the fact that picked up pretty much immediately after Divergent ended. I was glad the author didn't skip a large chunks of time and make us wonder what had happened in between while slowlyyyy revealing bits and pieces. Or just not bothering to tell us anything at all and pretending nothing happened. Been there, read that.

I really enjoyed this sequel and what it did for the growth of the characters. Plus, the author totally kept me on my toes (and fingertips) as to what was going to happen next. There was one thing that was really bothering me by the end though...the relationship between the main characters. I don't want to spoil much but the vicious circle of 'I love you-I'm lying to you-OK I'll never do it again' was wearing my patience thin by the end.

Despite that, it was still a page turner and the ending of this book had me picking up the next one right away!


Thanks to  Heather & Katie for hosting!



 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!