May 28, 2014

Review: April ipsy Glam Bag

So I'm like a month late with this review but what the hell am I not a month late with these days?! Right, let's not dwell on that shit & just get started!

April was my very first ipsy Glambag and I was absolutely thrilled with it! The US bag is only $10US, but in Canada there is an extra $5US shipping charge plus the conversion. Still, not very much for everything that you get.

Here are my thoughts on the products...

Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Acid Pink
ipsy website



Let's call this what it is really is - AMAZING lip tint. It is definitely not just 'lip balm'.
Fuchsia had been on my mind for a couple of weeks so the timing of this could not have been more perfect!
This was also my first experience with lip tint b/c I'd heard they tend to dry out your lips but this definitely did not such thing!

I absolutely love this product and I know it's going to last me ages b/c I used just a small amount to get perfectly-coated, bold pink lips.










Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil (Travel Size)
ipsy website

I don't love this eyeliner. Don't get me wrong, it's fine. But it's definitely nothing I haven't gotten out of other eyeliners and I just wouldn't spend the money.\



City Color White Gold Shadow & Highlight Mousse
ipsy website


This is another product that's going to last me approximately forever. Which great b/c I really like it! I've used this as inner corner eyeshadow as well as highlighter on my brow bone and am happy with both. It's very light colour but it doesn't end up looking white like some others I've tried. Overall, I'm super happy with this product.







Benefit Lollitint (Travel Size)
ipsy website
This is definitely the product I was most excited about b/c I'm not a Sephora shopper so I don't get to try these coveted brands.
For a little tiny thing, it definitely packs a lot of pigmentation and I love the candy-orchid colour.

It's advertised for lips & cheeks, however I've only used it on cheeks. The only downside is that while yes, they do warn you to apply and blend immediately, I was still left with a slightly darker pigment mark where I first brushed it on. A better way to apply this is to brush it onto two fingers and then blend onto your cheeks to avoid that mark.




KISS Looks So Natural Lashes
ipsy website

This is the only product I haven't yet tried so I can't give you a full review. That doesn't mean I wasn't excited about getting these - I'm just super terrible at applying fake lashes & the opportunity where I want to put that much effort in, just hasn't arisen. I'll check back in when I've tried these!

Have you tried any of these products?? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

If you're interested in ipsy & don't mind helping me get some bonus points, click here! :)

 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!