May 26, 2014

4th Bloggy Birthday


I can't believe that four years ago today, I sat here and wrote my first post.

I still remember all of my thoughts and feelings leading up to starting the blog and that very first post. Mainly, excitement. I wanted to start a new chapter in life, for various reasons, and I wanted it documented. Well, I'm so glad that I did that! One of my favourite things to do is read old posts and re-live whatever was happening.

I did a good job of that for the first couple of years...but then something changed. I started prioritizing living over documenting life. I feel good and bad about that but for me, it has always come down to time and there's just not enough of it. I would have to quit my job for this blog to be what I want it to be and I'm totally down for that, but Mike says it won't pay the mortgage haha

But I've also decided that I don't want to quit the blog yet and am working on making it work! Not rid of me just yet ;)

So here's to the last 4 years and to [at least] several more! :)


 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

2 comments :

  1. Yay!! Bloggy Birthday!! And I know what you mean about time. It's hard with life sometimes. I wish I wrote more, too, but when I have the chance to actually go out and *do* things, blogging takes a back seat. We all just do what we can, right? That should be the blogger motto, actually. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 4 years! I think I just passed four years too, I'll have to look it up. Too bad it took us so long to find each other. :) I'm torn with blogging too. I don't want to stop, but I just don't have the time for it lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!