March 12, 2014

Wedding Date

Suuuuuuch a good movie in a total cheesie, rom com way. And Dermot Mulroney? Hell yes. Please. Now. Way better than My Best Friend's Wedding. He seems to enjoy weddings. You haven't seen it? Oh, you should.
{via}
is this movie seriously 9 years old? wow.
But that's not why we're here today. We're going to talk about my wedding date. I'm pretty sure I haven't posted about our impending wedding since the engagement. Because there hasn't been a lot to talk about.

Right from the time we got engaged, we had tentatively set Fall 2015 as our wedding period. A full two years after our engagement. Apparently, that is the craziest shit anyone has ever heard and if I have to hear...
Why are you waiting so long?!
...one more fucking time, I swear I'm going to impale the person. (Sorry if that's you.)

It's because we had other priorities. Being financially stable is important to us as we planned on financing the wedding ourselves. But first and foremost, we wanted to buy a place. Which we have! So now we're considering bumping it up to...Spring 2015.

Did you think I was going to say 2014? Oh no, no. I do not want to devote my life to planning this wedding. I want to take my time and actually enjoy it. We don't need a wedding to be together & happy.

So now that we've bought a place, how much have we planned? You'll have to wait until the next wedding post!

I'm linking up these gals because I'm so curious to get other brides-to-be's opinions & thoughts on this!

Wedding Wednesday Love Always Nancy J


 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

4 comments :

  1. We had a long engagement too. It will be about 21 months by the time we tie the knot. And so many people asked me why we were waiting so long. It was simply because we wanted to. There were a lot of factors and I am so glad that we waited.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie- so so cute. And people need to mind their own business! I would want a longer engagement too- it gives more time to become financially stable, and save! Congrats on the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New reader, I found you through the link-up! I'm getting married in May after a 2 year engagement. If I was asked one more time when we were getting married; only to follow it with some long, drawn out, explanation of why we waited 'so long,' I too was going to impale someone! I wanted so very badly to plan a wedding 9-12 months following our engagement, but that didn't happen, and that couldn't happen. We wanted to finish up school, live together for a little while, and save up a shit ton of money before we could get married. Now, more than a year and a half later I cannot believe we're so close to our wedding day! I cannot believe how fast time has flown by and I am SO glad we waited!! Whatever works best for the both of you is what you should do. Whether you decide to get married next spring or fall, it will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long engagements are the best!! By the time we get married (in 39 days! ahh!) we will have been engaged for a year and a half. I have loved having a long engagement and I totally hear you about impaling people! It's SO annoying lol! By the way, bravo to you for financing your wedding and buying a house! No way could we have done that! I'm so impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!