So what did I make?
|Japanese Mushroom & Onion Soup [Crockpot]|
Coconut Almond Granola
Potato Corn Chowder
Apple Spice Bundt Cake
Crockpot Japanese Onion Soup (the official name)* The only thing I did 'differently' is boiling ramen noodles on the side and adding them to our servings of soup. Yum!
Coconut Granola (the official name)* I wanted more granola (and to use up more of the quick oats I had) so I doubled that and therefore increased the remaining ingredients.
* I found this to be too sweet even though I omitted the sugar. I think was due to the sweetened shredded coconut so I would recommend using unsweetened.
* I use pure, unrefined coconut oil which has more flavour.
* I skipped the pumpkin seeds & coconut extract as I didn't pick any up.
Potato Corn Chowder (my recipe)You'll need: potatoes / carrots / onions / corn / water / salt & pepper
(quantities depend on your taste & how much soup you want to make)
* I boiled the diced potatoes and added the already boiled carrots and onions (as well as celery in this case) near the end.
* I boiled the frozen corn separately and also added to the rest of the ingredients.
* I reserved the water/vegetable broth and slightly mashed the veggies.
* I separated some veggies that I wanted to keep more whole & used an immersion blender for the remaining.
* I added back the vegetable chunks and slowly stirred in the broth. Add as much as you want to thin the soup.
* I also used a little bit of milk to make it creamier (optional). Season to taste!
Apple Spice Bundt Cake (my recipe)You'll need: 2 eggs / 240 mL sugar / 80 mL oil / 2 cups shredded apples / 320mL flour / 1/2 tsp baking soda / 2 tsp cinnamon / walnuts (optional/to taste)
* Preheat oven to 400F. Grease bundt pan and toss with flour.
* Whip the eggs with the sugar.
* Add oil and shredded apples.
* Slowly add flour to mixture.
* Add baking soda, cinnamon and walnuts.
* Pour batter into pan and bake for ~30 minutes.
Let me know if you have questions on my
vague creative directions. Happy kitchen times :)