February 3, 2014

Big Steps

Like I mentioned in the 2013 recap post, we bought our first place right before Christmas.

Honestly, I don't know how I would have survived a 60 or 90-day closing period because the 30 days we had were more than enough waiting for me. Not impatient at all...

So last Friday, we finally picked up our keys!


After spending two hours installing a million two light fixtures, we're both pretty much qualified electricians. Other than opening every closet and cupboard door, there wasn't much for us to do in an empty place after doing the painting prep for the next day. Except drink, of course.


Saturday was painting day. I still can't believe how successful it was, really. We only painted 4 rooms (and only accent walls in some), instead of the 6 originally planned because we couldn't decide on colours for those two. I won't tell you which rooms since I want you to wait for the tour, but these are the colours:


We got everything done with three coats in just under 8 hours. I was totally impressed with our mad skills.

Then Sunday was furniture day. If you know me, you know I only buy my furniture at IKEA. Ever. So I already don't care about any "IKEA sucks" opinions that you may have and we can skip that entire conversation. Our order was 40 items, and we probably didn't even get through putting together half of them...

Somehow this week we must put together the rest of the new furniture in the new place and pack up our life in the old place. With no days off. Wish us luck! Better yet, just come over and help!

T-4 days until Moving Day!

 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

2 comments :

  1. I cannot wait to see it. I'm dying over your windows. I love Ikea so much! That's where we get most of our stuff too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!