August 2, 2013

Summer Blockbuster Review #5 - The Heat + White House Down

Checkout  Reviews #1#2#3 and #4 too!


The Heat


We watched The Heat a couple of weeks ago at the drive-in [awesome summer activity!] and it was a little bit of a let down for me. It was funny, don't get me wrong, but I had set my expectations so high since I love Sandra Bullock and female comedy, that it came in just a little bit short. I definitely recommend it as a feel-good laugh movie though and a sequel has been confirmed!

dK's rating
dC's rating


White House Down


The second feature of the drive-in! I'm probably the only girl in the world that is not only not head over heels for Channing Tatum, but truly unimpressed. Don't hate, be thankful y'all can have him to yourselves! LOL
Anyway, we just had to see this movie because we saw 'Olympus Has Fallen' with [my main man] Gerard Butler back in March. In comparison, 'Olympus Has Fallen' had a far more interesting plot than this movie had and it seemed like a copy-cat. But the Jamie Foxx/Channing Tatum plus the action provided sufficient entertainment for me so it wouldn't be a waste of you go see it.

dK's rating
dC's rating

 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

1 comment :

  1. I was a little disappointed in The Heat too, but I'm glad it got such a big reception. I think there need to be more funny lady movies! I've heard such great things about Olympus Has Fallen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!