August 7, 2013

Quinoa Recipe - Oh, How Pinteresting!

Who doesn't love a good recipe find? That's right, no one.

I came across this one the other day & was already looking for something to make for dinner so figured I'd give it a try. So worth it!



For quick reference, here's a snapshot of the ingredients:
Recipe Screenshot
Here's what I changed:
1. I ended up with more than 2 cups of  quinoa so I added extra sauce and ended up using a whole jar - it's up to your tastes.
2. I replaced heavy cream with sour cream.
3. I couldn't find any fresh basil in the stores I checked so had to skip it.
4. I skipped the crushed red pepper as I'm not a fan & don't have any.

It was delicious & really filling! This is also probably the first recipe where the estimated prep/cook times are actually accurate!

If you really, really need some meat, I think you can easily add cooked cubed chicken breast or sausage. It will also likely last you longer as the meat will make each portion even more filling!

Linking up with Michelle today!

 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

2 comments :

  1. I've never eaten quinoa, but I really want to try it! I may have to make this dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I was just googling quinoa recipes last weekend because I bought some but have no idea how to eat it. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!