August 9, 2013

Book Club - 8.08

It's time for Book Club with Heather & Katie!


This week I'm reviewing:
Jen Lancaster hates to burst your happy little bubble, but life in the big city isn't all it's cracked up to be. Contrary to what you see on TV and in the movies, most urbanites aren't party-hopping in slinky dresses and strappy stilettos. But lucky for us, Lancaster knows how to make the life of the lower crust mercilessly funny and infinitely entertaining.

Whether she's reporting rude neighbors to Homeland Security, harboring a crush on her grocery store clerk, or fighting-and losing-the Battle of the Stairmaster- Lancaster explores how silly, strange, and not-so-fabulous real city living can be. And if anyone doesn't like it, they can kiss her big, fat, pink, puffy down parka.

{via}

Thoughts
As if I could wait very long before I read another Jen Lancaster book! This woman makes me feel like my neurotic and wacky ways are totally normal. Well maybe not totally normal, but at a socially-acceptable level. This book was possible even better than Bitter since it got right into the life and humour of it without the back story that we already know.

What stands out the most for me are Jen's stories about her temp jobs. I would love to be able to just temp. I'd still do a good job, but not be so invested to the point of having work dreams nightmares! Plus, I'm always looking for a change of scenery! One can dream...
In the meantime, read Bitter then pick this up!

 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

1 comment :

  1. I've never read any of her books but if she's as down to earth as she sounds, I think I'd like this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!