July 29, 2013

Sleepless Sundays mean Sleepy Mondays

I don't for a second think that I hate Mondays more than anyone else. In fact, I'm certain I'm in the majority [obviously]. But the last couple months, Mondays have been extra awful for me.

I get the.worst.sleep. ever on Sunday nights. Starting at 4/4:30AM, it is endless tossing and turning with my brain going full-speed even though my body is still dead tired. It usually starts as a fairly vivid dream which then turns into crazy thoughts that keep me from falling back asleep. That is, until about 6:30AM...20 minutes before my alarm.

More often than not, it's work-related which is why I dread Mondays at work more than I usually would. Even at my old job that I hated. Before I even roll out of bed, I'm stressed to the max about what the day has in store. Because this has been going on for a while now, the dread even starts on Sunday nights. I'm sure that actually makes it worse.

I really want to avoid taking any sleeping pills but this pre-Monday tension is killing me. Starting Monday off on the wrong side of the bed is bad enough, but I'm a strong believer that Monday sets the tone for the week so I haven't been the happiest of campers.

So if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can battle this Sunday-night-insomnia, I'm all ears!

Until then...happy sleepy Monday....
{via}

 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

2 comments :

  1. Have you tried melatonin strips? You can get them at Shoppers and I use them on nights where I can't fall asleep. They aren't addictive and aren't like a sleeping pill: http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/tc/melatonin-overview

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest melatonin, too. I haven't used it, but I've heard it's good and was just suggested to my dad by his cousin. I've also read years ago that the only thing you should do in your bed is sleep, that way that's what you're body associates your bed with. Apparently if you read or watch tv in bed, your mind is active and when you go to go to sleep, your mind then associates your bed with being active. I guess doesn't really apply since it only happens to you once a week, but just a thought.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!