June 21, 2013

Book Club - 6.21

It's time for Book Club with Heather!


This week I'm reviewing:

When a NASA satellite discovers an astonishingly rare object buried deep in the Arctic sea, the floundering space agency proclaims a much-needed victory-a victory with profound implications for NASA policy and the impending presidential election. To verify the authenticity of the find, the White house calls upon the skills of intelligence analyst Rachel Sexton. Accompanied by a team of experts, including the charismatic scholar Michael Tolland, Rachel travels to the Arctic and uncovers the unthinkable: evidence of scientific trickery-a bold deception that threatens to plunge the world into controversy. But before she can warn the President, Rachel and Michael are ambushed by a team of assassins. Fleeing for their lives across a desolate and lethal landscape, their only hope for survival is to discover who is begin this masterful plot. The truth, they will learn, is the most shocking deception of all.

Thoughts:
If I say 'typical Dan Brown' it will sound like this yet another one of his novels and not worth reading. Well it is worth reading and I mean that it is in line with his thought-provoking, twisted, well-thought out style. It always amazes me just how much research Brown must do in order to write his novels and that he goes through that for a fictional novel. Incredible. I always find I learn so much while thoroughly enjoying his page-turners. Now I definitely can't wait to read his newest, Inferno.


 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

3 comments :

  1. It's been a while since I read a Dan Brown book. I was slightly obsessed with them in high school and remember loving Digital Fortress. I did get a little tired reading them since they all followed the same format, but since it's been a few years, it's probably about time for me to pick up one again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dan Brown, but I've never considered reading the pre-Robert Langdon ones. I might have to check this out someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the one and only Dan Brown book that I couldn't get into. I guess maybe I'll have to try it again :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!