May 7, 2013

Why I Started Blogging...

As I mentioned last week, this month marks my 3rd bloggy birthday so I was quite excited when I read about this link up with Neely. It's fitting right?

But after the excitement wore off I was like, "Shit! Why did I start blogging?!"

It was really a combination of a few things, not just one single thing.

I've always had a journal - not diary, I really hate that word - so writing about what I was thinking or feeling was not a new concept. When I'm over-thinking things it helps to get them out. But a journal doesn't talk back and in a way, the feelings are still bottled up for myself only. Some of those just really need to get out.

My cousin convinced me that blogging was something I should really think about doing. I can't even tell you where or when I first heard about blogs, or how I even came across some of the first ones I started reading. Three years ago I started reading more and more blogs & I was definitely inspired but didn't have a clue about where to start. That and you know procrastination is my BFF.

Well...After something fell apart out of nowhere, I was even more inspired. I was also nearing the end of my work contract and was going to Europe before coming home to look for a job in 'the city' (where I am now). It was a good time for "out with the old, in with the new"...And why not document it all?!

I truly didn't have a direction when I started, I just flew by the seat of my pants. Since then, the blog has been a lot of things - good and less good - but it's always been me. When I'm here...there have been a couple periods of silence I'll admit.

But there's no doubt in my mind that starting this little thing was one of the best decisions I ever made. You can read about my cherry popping here...

Hooah and Hiccups

 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

1 comment :

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!