May 30, 2013

Summer Blockbuster Review #1

I recently posted about making this summer one full of blockbuster movies and I promised I'd post my reviews as I went through them. I'll give you the girl & guy star review so you can make your call!

Iron Man 3


How could we not see one of the most eagerly-awaited movies of the summer?! I've only seen bits and pieces of Iron Man 2 but I heard that wasn't going to be a big deal and I don't really think it was. Honestly though, it left me wanting more. At the end of the movie I sat thinking, "Really, that's it?! Ok then..." If this is going to be the last one (despite The Avengers) I just don't think it had enough excitement and it did not end with a big enough bang. But you won't regret seeing it, per se; I just had very high expectations. My favourite part was Ben Kingsley's performance - that in itself was worth it!

dK's review
dC's review


  Star Trek: Into the Darkness

Another movie in a series where I had only seen bits and pieces of the previous. Again, not detrimental. I will be the first to tell you that I never thought modern Star Trek was for me but this movie blew me away. The storyline, the effects and the acting; I enjoyed all of it. We ended up seeing it in 3D because it was the most convenient time & I think it added to the 'futuristic feel' of it. So even if you just maybe think you might possibly want to see this, I recommend checking it out!

dK's review
dC's review

 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg

1 comment :

  1. Ah! I still have not seen either of those movies!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!