March 26, 2013

Starbucks - Clever Branding

Last week I posted about what gives Starbucks their competitive edge, besides the consistently flawless foam that I love so much.

As broad as this is going to sound, it's their marketing and clever branding that highly distinguish Starbucks from any of their competitors.

By some incredible coincidence, I received this yesterday:
I just ran out of money on my card too...awesome coincidence!

Discount coupons in the mail. It's the first time they've done a promo like this (that I've heard of). Plus the surprise Rewards they put on my Gold card. They are full of surprises and keep you on your toes!

Just when I thought they couldn't get any more awesome, they came up with the plain reusable cup:
Obviously I own one
How amazing is that? Environmentally and budget friendly. It costs only $1 and saves you 10 cents each time you use it. Plus, you don't have to give up that coveted status of carrying a Starbucks cup while being green! Don't lie, you like the status.


Many people lay off the Starbucks visits after the Holiday drinks end & once the New Years resolutions start. But Starbucks gave all those less committed a reason to keep coming back in January with their Vanilla promo to highlight their Vanilla Latte, and promote the new Vanilla Blonde & Vanilla Spice Latte. All delicious.

New concepts? Not really. Brilliant re-dress is more like it! I ran back too but I didn't really have a New Year's resolution so whatever.

A few weeks ago, they came out with the Hazelnut Macchiato. Lovely. But really almost the same as the latte with a pump of hazelnut that I have 99% of the time. Re-dressing. Brilliance.

Don't even try to tell me you don't have a few Pumpkin Spice Lattes when it comes back each fall. Because it's exclusive and delicious and they make you want it.

So if you know you're going to be visiting Starbucks, why not register your Rewards care and earn stars for a free drink?

 photo blogsignature3-25-13_zps17b9422f.jpg
All opinions are my own. I was not compensated in any way.

2 comments :

  1. That hazelnut macchiato is the GREATEST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you get free rewards?!? I want!! And I never got any coupons in the mail..maybe it's waiting at my parents. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!