January 7, 2013

Making 2013 Count

 
I don't normally make resolutions but the last couple of years I've posted about some improvements that I'd like to make, which to be honest haven't been all that successful.

That's because there's one big hindrance - procrastination. I know that everyone procrastinates, but I do it to such an extent that I just plain make myself unhappy.

It seems like I'm always saying, "I wish I had done that" or "I wish I had time to do this". I should have done that and I do have time to do this. If I could just find the key to unlocking the procrastination hand cuffs.

It's pretty ironic because the rush I get from ticking something off of my to-do list is like no other. It's baffling that I don't make every effort to do it as much as possible.

Well that's what 2013 is going to be about! I'm going to actually do all those things instead of just saying 'I wish'. And it's not really about the big things; it's mostly about the little things. Like reorganizing the linen closet so I can actually find things in there! All of the little things are what end up making a huge difference in the end.

Since I'm a pretty negative person in general (that's a big surprise, right?), I tend to need a little bit of help to stay positive & motivated so I'm going to write down something positive about each day before going to bed. 7 days in...so far, so good!

I guess that's kind of a resolution. The point is to get my life back on track & stop looking back with regret. That's what 2012 was & I refuse to let that happen again!

What are you doing different for 2013?

1 comment :

  1. No more procrastinating is on my list for 2013 too! I have the hardest time doing things unless I have a firm deadline. Hopefully we can both get better at it this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!