January 8, 2013

book worm

I have always loved reading. Scholastic book order days in elementary school were my favourite days of the month. I look at my early book collection at home and still remember what every single book was about.

Summertime was always library time and I have my mom to thank for taking us all the time. I read the classics: Moby Dick, David Copperfield, Black Beauty, Frankenstein, and also fell in love with a couple of series including Anne of Green Gables & Narnia.

I was a regular reader until university when studying took up way too much of my time. I believe the only time I read in my university years was while I was on exchange in Germany and this famous series blew up:


I read here and there after university but I only got really back into it a couple of years ago when I picked up the Millenium series. After that I was back to being hooked.

I always thought the only piece of technology I couldn't adopt was the eReader. I just love books so much! But after much debate, I got my Kobo Glo for Christmas!
Cheesin' out with excitement!
Because of this, I am doubling my Reading Challenge goal for 2013 to 30 books! 1 down, 29 to go...

Check out my Book List!

2 comments :

  1. I wasn't into an ereader for a long time. I like holding books and flipping pages. But I've had a Nook for a few years and got a Kindle for Christmas and love them both. I still read books too though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!