December 18, 2012

Holiday Yummies

I'm so pleased with how this past weekend turned out - holiday errands and relaxing. I got all of my holiday baking and treats done as well as the majority of gift wrapping. Christmas productivity always feels the best.

This year I cut the treats down a bit by skipping the sugar cookies (because no one really cares about those) and last year's failed attempt at no-bake cookies. They weren't so much a failed attempt as they did not live up to their description and were not worth the mess and hassle.

This year's Christmas treats menu:
* Almond Biscotti *
* Shortbread Cookie Bites *
* Peppermint Bark *
* Chocolate Covered Pretzels *
* Breton Brittle *
If you have questions about any of the recipes, let me know! :)

Peppermint bark
Various chocolate covered pretzels
Some chocolate-y shortbread bites
Almond Biscotti
Shortbread bites
Breton Brittle
Don't worry, I'm not eating all that myself, although that would be a personal record. I've made up a couple of tins for family, taking some to work & bringing them to Christmas parties.

I also wish I could send some to all my lovely blog readers :)

And now that most of the gifts are wrapped under the tree, it's that much prettier!

I can't believe there's only one week left until Christmas!. This time next week, it'll pretty much all be over which is crazy! All the built up excitement and anticipation, over with just a rip of the wrapping paper. But for now it's all about the anticipation... :)

1 comment :

  1. Yum!! I'm saving all my baking for this Sunday. It's going to be a huge, delicious mess in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!