November 6, 2012

crafts, Crafts, CRAFTS!

Leave it to me to become obsessed with something I find online and going way overboard in loving it. When I like something, I REALLY REALLY like it.

Last month I discovered craft gawker, also known as the best thing since sliced bread.

I've always been passionate about homemade things, probably partly related to my frugal tendencies, and my mom has always been so good with stuff like that. When I found this website [which is essentially a Pinterest for craft projects and ideas from all over the web], I was beyond excited about the prospect of creating things that were pretty, useful and allowed me to save money!

So naturally, I went on a mini shopping spree [oh yes, the irony!] to buy all the necessities for the first few projects I wanted to tackle. 


1. Chalkboard spray paint / 2. Acrylic Paint (silver) / 3. White school glue
4. Mod Podge / 5. Stick on covering paper / 6. Porcelain paint pens
7. Stamp letters / 8. Felt / 9. Chalk
10. Paint sponges / 11. Tissue paper / 12. Painter's tape

I've started a few of the projects on my list (which I'll post about separately) but it's definitely something I want to get into more & stick with. If anything, because it's a fun and useful hobby and this girl could use a non-computer-related hobby! The challenge has been finding the time to do all this but that's part of the reason I'm pumped about winter & colder weather - the best excuse for staying indoors!

I can't wait to share some of my crafty projects as I complete more of them!

Does anybody else browse craft gawker?
Are you big on crafts? Please share!

1 comment :

  1. I've never heard of craft gawker! I'm gonna check it out. I wish I could craft. I seriously screw up the easiest things. I can't wait to see what you made!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!