November 20, 2012

Blogosphere, meet Coco


I'm a furmom!

Crazy. And cool. I just can't believe I have a furry little thing to share my apartment with. It's extra weird becuase this is my first pet. The family hamster & chinchilla aside, of course. Those little rodents will always have a special place in my heart.

I've been talking about getting a cat ever since I moved two years ago but it never seemed like the right time. Which is weird because in the very beginning I was single & it was winter so I probably could have used the company the most. I'm backwards.

But finally the perfect opportunity presented itself and it was time to put my endless indecisiveness to bed. With a lot of coercion from my family & dC.

I actually picked her up on Friday night & we spent the next couple of days at my parents'. On Sunday we brought Coco home home. And then we realized  how much cat-proofing we had to do in the apartment.

She already has quite the personality & I'm pretty pumped to watch the shenanigans that will surely ensue in this chapter of our lives.

Now that she's been here for 24hrs she's a lot more comfortable & I spent the better part of last night watching her entertain herself with the most random things. She is downright hilarious. Seriously.

Pouncing 'on' invisible things on the ground.
Jumping on and off the couch.
Chasing the windup mouse.
Slipping & sliding on the hardwood floors.

Really, quite the riot. Especially for a Monday night. What can I say, I'm just a cat lady now - easily entertained.  :)

3 comments :

  1. So so cute! Welcome to the cat lady world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, so cute! Looking forward to reading more about her!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!