November 23, 2012

Birthday Love

This is my favourite day of the whole year.

Not because of the gifts. Not because of the cake. Not even because everyone's sending you well wishes.

Purely because it's the one day that I really do not let anything get to me. It's my day, nothing else matters. It'd be nice if I could do that every day, but you know.

As lame as this is going to sound, I do love waking up to Facebook wall posts from some of my favourite people who live 6 time zones away. Even four years post-exchange, they're still some of my greatest friends!

The greatest thing though is not waking up alone on my birthday - thank you Mike :)

As if that wasn't enough, he has SERIOUSLY spoiled me with 3 days of pre-gifts and an ah-may-zing birthday gift.

 Day 1 - Lindt Chocolate
Day 2 - Crazy amount of colourful Sharpies to unleash my inner creativity
Day 3 - 'Catcher in the Rye', classic

 Apparently, that wasn't enough because this morning I received this...
I.Love.It.So.Much.

Can't wait for my party tonight!!!
Stay tuned for posts next week!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments :

  1. hope you had a happy birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birthday countdown is so sweet. I have a slight obsession with Sharpies too! I'm glad you were spoiled!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!