October 29, 2012

Two Years as a City Girl

As I sit here, I actually cannot believe that two whole years have passed since the day that I moved to Toronto. Two full sets of seasons. Wow.

That means two years since the awful packing & the crazy moving weekend, that coincided with Halloween partying.

Unsurprisingly for me, I'm still putting the finishing touches on the apartment. Since I moved out of my room in my parents house and had to buy all my furniture, I focused on the important things first and the decor second. I've slowly built up some more furnishings - an extra dresser (because apparently I've been able to afford lots of shopping), a bookcase and a new TV.

I'm still working on the wall art though - I just put up another picture today actually. I have lots of picture frames to fill though. The hardest part is figuring out what pictures to fill them with. #firstworldproblems

I definitely still L.O.V.E. my apartment and feel extremely lucky to have found it, minus the rent increase that's happening this week *whomp whomp* It still speaks to me and small kitchen aside, is perfect for my needs. It is definitely where I feel most comfortable. Even after a weekend of visiting my family in the house I grew up in, I cannot wait to get back to my apartment. My things are here, my life is here.

But I've definitely thought about moving. A little bit bitter sweet, but life is changing and things need to change with it. So as much as I love this place and this neighbourhood, if things go as I'd like them to, there may not be a third anniversary. However I'm not going to get too ahead of myself here...

So today I will take in everything with the same excitement and unjadedness that I did two years ago when I spread my wings in this city and everything else -like the fact that it's Monday - can take a back seat.

3 comments :

  1. 2 years! It goes so fast *tear*
    Do you still want to stay in the city if you move, just to a different neighborhood, or out of Toronto all together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. TIme does just seem to fly by! I'm a new follower of yours and love your blog so much so I nominated you for a Liebster Award. You can find out more about it at my blog, here: http://lifealaskanstyle.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for 2 years of city living! I'm interested in hearing what you're planning next.

    And I still need to finish decorating my walls. I purchased a lot of wall art but the process of hanging it all just seems like a lot of work haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!