September 21, 2012

Book Club!


This week I'm reviewing:

Sometimes the greatest things are the most embarrassing." Ellen Degeneres' winning, upbeat candor has made her show one of the most popular, resilient and honored daytime shows on the air. (To date, it has won no fewer than 31 Emmys.) Seriously... I'm Kidding, Degeneres' first book in eight years, brings us up to date about the life of a kindhearted woman who bowed out of American Idol because she didn't want to be mean. Lively; hilarious; often sweetly poignant.

Honestly...don't. Just don't. I love Ellen DeGeneres as much as the next person (trust me) but this did not do it for me. I started this book July 1 and finished it last weekend. Mostly because my Stephanie Plum series is unavailable and I haven't decided what I'm reading in between. It's not that it's so much different from what Ellen is like on her show; but that's the problem. It's a book of all of those one-liners and witty comments. That works in person, not in a book. So I will continue to like Ellen but I definitely will not be reading anymore of her books.


5 comments :

  1. I wasn't expecting that! I heard good things about it but I see how her personality translated into words could be... overwhelming I suppose? That's disappointing to hear but it does make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my to read list, I'm debating in getting it now, I love Ellen also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bummer,sorry to hear it was not good. she is one funny woman though :) i read one of her books a few years ago...

    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer that you didn't like this book. I thought the same thing as you about the one liners and it being just like her show but that is why I loved it :) I love Stephanie Plum too. I am reading Four to Score right now.

    Hugs!
    Kara
    @HeidiNae

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!