September 7, 2012

Book Club Friday!


This week I'm reviewing:
{via}
Bounty hunter Stephanie Pum is still learning the ropes at her cousin Vinnie's bail bond office, so when she sets out on the trail of Kenny Mancuso - a suspiciously weatlhy, working class Trenton boy who has just shot his best friend - the stakes are higher than ever. That Mancuso is distantly related to vice cop Joe Morelli - who is trying to beat Stephanie to the punch - only makes the hunt more thrilling...

Taking pointers from her bounty hunter pal, Ranger, and using her pistol packing Grandma Mazur as a decoy, Stephanie is soon closing in on her mark. But Morelli and his libido are worthy foes. And a more sinister kind of enemy has made his first move... and his next move might be Stephanie's last.



There's not much to say besides this book was [obviously] awesome. I'm beyond excited about how well this series is going. I know I'm only two books in but based on what I've read and heard of the next ones, it's just going to keep getting better. I can't even decide which of the two I've read so far I like better because they were both great in their way. I do know one thing though - I would LOVE to go see a stand-up comedy routine with Grandma Mazur. I feel like the only way Evanovich would be able to create such a character is if she's based it on her own grandma, which is just plain cool. Seriously.

The bad part - I'm like 30th and 50th in line for library holds on the 3rd & 4th book and the used book store close by doesn't have them. I will have to branch out but all I want is more Plum!!!
Now go read this series!


Check out my Book List!








4 comments :

  1. I have got to stop putting it off and begin this series already! Sounds addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great series! I read all 18 in just a couple months. The movie was super disappointing though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Grandma Mazur!!! She's hilarious. I just finished #15 and she just doesn't get old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only read the first two too and I love them. I thought the movie was good. I was expecting the worst because it had Heigl in it, but it really wasn't that bad. Grandma Mazur is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!