June 8, 2012

Book Club!

Linking up with the lovely Heather for




This week I finished:
{via}
Emma and Dexter meet for the first time on the night of their graduation. Tomorrow they must go their separate ways. So where will they be on this one day next year? And the year after that? And every year that follows? Twenty years, two people, ONE DAY.

My Good Reads review was pretty short and sweet.
Beautiful. A unique read and pleasantly unpredictable at times. Perfect.
I was too overwhelmed right after finishing it to write much more. I loved this book, despite some surprises at the end (Leanna had to convince me to get to the end!), and there were definitely tears involved. I identified with Emma at many points with her righteous nerdiness and really couldn't wait to see how her relationship with Dexter would grow with each passing chapter. The writing was wonderful and setup of the chapters (same day for 19 consecutive years) was unique and made it that much more exciting! Loved.
100% recommended

9 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing, sounds like something I need to add to my to-read list! Would you recommend reading the book before seeing the movie? I was going to rent the movie the other day but I think I should read the book first now that I read your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to read this one but just couldn't get through the beginning! Sounds like I'll need to give it another try, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i read this a long time ago and i remember i liked it until the end :)

    i have yet to see the movie version though...

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this one recently. I loved Emma also but could not stand Dex... even at the end. He's such a douche. I'll admit, I cried though. I also thought it was interestingly written. I wouldn't say I "loved" it, but it was good enough. (came over from the link-up).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering whether you would be happy to put up a link in my monthly series called “Books You Love”. The idea is for people to link up posts about a book they loved – it doesn’t have to be one they just posted about. It could be an old fave. I am hoping we will end up with a nice collection of books that can go on our reading lists. Here is the link Books You Loved June Edition

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this book too! I have seen the movie and while I did enjoy it, it's nowhere near as good as the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard so many good things about this book - can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!