January 23, 2012

So here's the deal...

I'm unhappy. Unhappy enough with one part of my life that it is seriously spilling over into the rest of it and warping my outlook on everything. It's funny that only 50 hours per week can taint the entire 168. I think you know what I'm talking about.

I knew that things would be crazy after the holidays because I would have twice as many responsibilities, but I didn't know just how crazy. And I didn't know just how unthankful the extra effort would be. I know it sounds like I'm whining and everyone goes through this once in a while, blah blah blah. It's not just me - I see it all around me. But since I don't want to go into too many details, we'll have to leave it at "you have to be there". However, consider yourself lucky not to be there.

So after a miserable 10-hour day, the last thing I want to do is sit in front of another computer screen, even though it's for the sake of this lovely lil blog of mine. Nor do I want to spew negative shit because I'm in such a wretched mood.

If you follow my twitter (as you should!) you'll know that I'm not down 100% of the time. dC does a great job of keeping my happiness in check (thanks boo!) and I do my best to make my weekends compensate for the week. But that leaves little time to update like I used to.

I could spend 2 hours writing a couple posts & leaving a few of comments (which I really enjoy doing, btw!) or I could be watching a movie. Tough call, I know.

I'm not saying I'm going to stop blogging. No. In fact, I'm going to do my best to post regularly. But I can't give up experiencing the joys in order to have time to write them down. Last week, Rach (one of my faves, you gotta check her out!) did a really good job of breaking the ice for me with this post. I guess I just felt guilty about saying what Rach actually had the guts to say. I love this place & I'm going to stick around - but I'm going to do it my way. [Thanks Rach :))]

I guess this is probably a bad time to talk about how I've kind of considered starting a (second) more serious, global issues blog. "Look, you can barely keep up with one where you don't even have to censor yourself edit, let alone a controversial one that will make you famous."  All in good time my pretties!

So...I guess that's my rant. There are some things I have to fix in my life, but I'm workin' on it so please be patient! Better yet, come along for the ride!

xo,

3 comments :

  1. Sending you some love lady!! It'll get better...and if it doesn't there are plenty of other opportunities out there waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( Isn't it funny how a little over a year ago all we wanted to just to get a job? I'm sorry you aren't happy love, but sometimes these things happy because a better opportunity is waiting in the wings. I totally understand what you mean about getting home from a long work day and not wanting to post-I have a 10 hour day with my commute and when I get home all I want is some wine and a snuggie. I'm hear for ya if you need anything! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things are on their way to getting better..I don't hate my job by any means, but I definitely need to start looking for a new one, career related still. But the thought of that makes my stomach turn. Ugh, life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!