January 3, 2012

I could, but I won't!

That's right - I could make [pointless] resolutions, but I won't. I'm never really going to follow them. Unless someone puts me on a leash and keeps me in line. Case in point - last year I wrote this post and actually forgot that it even existed.


But I actually worked on all of those things, and clearly not because they were on the [forgotten] list.


1. I definitely read more - I was inspired by my Book List & the Book Club Friday linkup.
2. I picked up more sports and loved it! Ok so the eliptical didn't come out of the closet but still...
3. I wasn't terribly unhealthy except gaining some weight at the end of the year. Portion & sweets control are a daily battle...
4. I may or may not have mostly failed at not sweating the small stuff. Short fuse + worrier = bad combo


See, I don't need to make new resolutions, I've still got some old ones to perfect! But seriously, these are really the most important things that I want to alter and then maintain in my life so they'll always be something I'm focused on.


In the meantime, I've got plenty of other things - plus 3 weeks of vaca! - to keep my 2012 busy!

- Continuing to experiment with new recipes
- Doing more to keep in touch with friends
- Starting to invest a little bit of money
- Being a better blogger (& maybe getting some more followers?)
- Maybe meeting a bloggy friend or two
- Do a couple of North American trips in the summer...including Vegas?!

What are you looking forward to in 2012?

2 comments :

  1. My goal is to be done with my thesis and graduate from Columbia. Seriously. I'm totally done being a student. 20 years of being in class has finally tired the crap out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 weeks vacay!? Jealous!!
    I'm looking forward to....hopefully getting a job dealing with my degree???! Too much to ask??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!