January 27, 2012

Book Club Friday!

Hello bookies!



I finally finished the Hunger Games Trilogy so this week I'm reviewing:
{via}
Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding.

In case you don't know, here's what I thought about Book 1 & Book 2...Definitely my least favourite of the 3 books because it started off very slowly. It definitely picked up and started resembling the other 2 books which got me excited (!) but the ending left me wanting more. A lot more. Regardless of what I thought though, can't complete a trilogy without reading the 3rd book, so read on!

*If anyone wants to discuss this book's ending please comment!*
But please also comment otherwise :)

Also check out my Book List!

4 comments :

  1. I really don't have a good excuse for not having read these yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished this one too! Can't believe who she chose in the end- I was rooting for the other one. And can't believe the shoot-out...totally took me by surprise! Seemed to end a little abruptly too. But overall, I still thought it was a great trilogy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was a very disappointing ending to such a great trilogy :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's actually my favorite of the three. I think Collins very bravely told the truth about how awful the consequences of a war really are, and I appreciate that she didn't sugarcoat it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!