December 27, 2011

The Holiday Lull

So it's the week between Christmas & New Years, and what to do? Personally, I find this to be the most random part of the holidays.

Leading up to Christmas is the craziness of gift-buying, gift-wrapping, and cramming in meetings with everyone you won't see over those 2 key days. Then Christmas Eve & Day are mostly a blur of food, family, gifts & dessert. Yes, dessert gets its own call out.

New Years is similar. I find many people don't have plans made too far in advance and mad props to those who are able to set something up! So the last couple of days before are a hoopla of confirming plans (that realistically could have been made weeks ago) and figuring out the answer to the all-important question "Whattamigonnawear?!"

After you ring in the New Year, it's pretty much back to work (or school) and you start the year all over again...whomp whomp.

But what does one do in between the craziness? The reason I feel it's the most random part is because it's the least predictable, and there are many factors:

- Do I have to "work"?
- Are others "working"?
- Are we getting a blizzard this year?
- Does anyone feel like getting together for yet another dinner?
- Does anyone even have any money left to go out, etc? (probably not)

All of these are important questions that need answers before you can plan those critical in between days. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but honestly, it is. We rarely get such a care-free time off, where even those who have to go into work are forgiven when they're not really working but napping away the lingering food commas at their cubicles.

I, for one, plan to make the most out of my "Holiday lull". This year I won't be going into the office - though I do have my work laptop to be available in emergencies - and have 4 entire days to work with. Here's the plan so far:
1. mini Christmas with dC <3
2. dinner at my "in-laws"
3. skating
4. hosting a dinner chez moi!
5. relaxing :)
6. partaking in that infamous hoopla that leads up to New Years - no plans yet for this girl!!

So tell me, how do you make the most out of the Holiday Lull?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!