November 29, 2011

NYC, Part I

It's been over a week since my teaser but with all my Birthday excitement I just didn't get a chance to write about the trip.

We booked our trip to NYC nearly a month in advance and I then spent those few weeks in a mix of nervous, anxious excitement...and let me tell you that there were no disappointments! dC did the booking & I did the tour planning - that's why we're a team :)

Friday morning we got there bright and early at 9am so after a quick breakfast we were off to discover Lower Manhattan!

We stayed in Times Square right around the corner from here!
Visiting the 9/11 Memorial
 You could only get tickets for it online and we didn't know about it but the line was huge & I'd rather see it all done anyway.


Occupy Wall Street!
 I could not believe how many tents there were! It stretched down the block!

I don't remember the name but it was damaged in the 9/11 attacks

We took the Staten Island Ferry instead of the Ellis Island  one b/c it was free :)

The Statue of Liberty
 We came to the consensus that it is really freaking small in real life LOL

NYSE

I swear this wasn't planned but we (I) found Tiffany's! :)
(only to match my glasses & earrings of course!)

One many-a-Trump buildings!

Brooklyn Bridge!




After discovering Lower Manhattan we headed back up to Times Square & did the tourist thing. Honestly, when we got back at 1am, it felt like 10pm because it's so bright and busy out there all.the.time!!
M&M store! 

So.many.lights!


End of Day 1!
Day 2 was less touristy and more exploring the city & its people.. stay tuned! 

4 comments :

  1. Ugh iPhone got ahead of me.
    Can't wait for more. Living vicariously through your trip ;)
    Sorry I replied to your email by the time you were already there, i was hoping it wasn't that weekend and i wasn't late.. But I was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh that is so awesome! I'm super duper jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your trip got off to a great start! I'm glad you to walk on the Brooklyn Bridge...that was one of my favorite things to do in NYC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!