October 3, 2011

Another TIFF-less year


Every September, Toronto hosts its very own International film festival - TIFF - which causes both celebrities and their admirers to flock to downtown Toronto. Not going to lie, it's pretty exciting - like our own mini Hollywood, even though I try not to be too starstruck in general because let's face - they're just regular people. Who are really good at lying. But I digress.

I actually only discovered TIFF two years ago and managed to get tickets to the premier of Get Low which was very cool because Bill Murray, Sissy Spacek & Robert Duvall all attended this screening and spoke a little bit beforehand. But that has been my first and last TIFF experience. Last year, I wasn't living in Toronto so finding tickets to a convenient movie was tough & I needed to be saving for moving out anyway.

This year though there was no excuse. Except that this must be the most poorly organized int'l film festival on earth. I started checking for ticket information way early (maybe June?) just so I was ahead of the curve. Well apparently I was too ahead because there wasn't any ticket info available. Not that I could find at least - read: that website is a maze to navigate. At the risk of repeating myself, the summer was really (good) busy. By the time I realized TIFF was right around the corner (in terms of time & space), the general admission tickets had been for sale for three days & needless to say - it was slim pickin's.

There were some really great-looking movies that I wanted to see - with some really great-looking men - but those are obviously the first ones to go. (click for trailer)
Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of indie and other good movies at TIFF, but there's just so many that it's difficult to research them all! Not mention, the film listing on TIFF's website didn't work. Yeah, you heard me. So alas, we were left hoping that day of we'd be able to snag some tickets early in the morning. No luck.

#TeamdCdK didn't let that get them down though.We may not have gotten to see a TIFF movie but we hit up downtown one Saturday night & took in the atmosphere. Conveniently, we found ourselves at the premier of Take This Waltz and even caught some of its stars!

Sarah Silverman from a (large) distance

Seth Rogen coming our way!

Seth Rogen close up - while doing this really awkward chuckle

We took a picture of some girl and Seth - she was so excited b/c her camera didn't work LOL

I was pretty pumped :)

#TeamdCdK pre-drinks ;)

Better luck next year!
Has anyone ever been to such a celeb-magnet event?
 

1 comment :

  1. I HATE the TIFF site!! It's awful to find things. I was in that exact same spot last year to see Michael C Hall and actually, Sarah Silverman was there then too.
    Seth Rogan is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!