September 23, 2011

Book Club Friday


Last week I talked about the first book in this trilogy. This week it's #2:

The Girl Who Played with Fire - Steig Larsson
via
"Part blistering espionage thriller, part riveting police procedural, and part piercing exposeĆ© on social injustice, The Girl Who Played with Fire is a masterful, endlessly satisfying novel. Mikael Blomkvist, crusading publisher of the magazine Millennium, has decided to run a story that will expose an extensive sex trafficking operation. On the eve of its publication, the two reporters responsible for the article are murdered, and the fingerprints found on the murder weapon belong to his friend, the troubled genius hacker Lisbeth Salander. Blomkvist, convinced of Salander's innocence, plunges into an investigation. Meanwhile, Salander herself is drawn into a murderous game of cat and mouse, which forces her to face her dark past."
- via

I was unsure as to how the second book would begin because the first one ended so nice & neatly that I didn't feel the story could be continued with any kind of smooth & cohesive transition. Guess what - the transition was pretty smooth. I noticed that this book also started fairly slow and I needed to get to the middle for it to pick up & make me not want to put it down. I enjoyed that there were much more personal revelations about Lisbeth, which I was even curious about while reading the first novel. What I found to be a big surprise was *semi-spolier*  the major cliffhanger ending!
Conclusion: Surely Recommend

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!