September 16, 2011

Book Club Friday


So I'm finally linking up with Heather's Book Club! I've been meaning to do this for a while but as much of my last few posts say - I've been busy. But also, I'm much more excited about sharing this now that I'm done the trilogy. The best part is my friend is going to hook me up with the Swedish movies before I go out to watch the Hollywood version.

Today I'm sharing:
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson
via
"Once you start The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, there's no turning back. This debut thriller--the first in a trilogy from the late Stieg Larsson--is a serious page-turner rivaling the best of Charlie Huston and Michael Connelly. Mikael Blomkvist, a once-respected financial journalist, watches his professional life rapidly crumble around him. Prospects appear bleak until an unexpected (and unsettling) offer to resurrect his name is extended by an old-school titan of Swedish industry. The catch--and there's always a catch--is that Blomkvist must first spend a year researching a mysterious disappearance that has remained unsolved for nearly four decades. With few other options, he accepts and enlists the help of investigator Lisbeth Salander, a misunderstood genius with a cache of authority issues. Little is as it seems in Larsson's novel, but there is at least one constant: you really don't want to mess with the girl with the dragon tattoo."

I didn't want to get into this trilogy originally because I don't like following the crowd. But ultimately everything else I wanted was checked out of the library that day so I went for it. Amazing decision. I really enjoyed this book (the whole trilogy really) because the writing was so different. In many aspects, you could tell it was written in a foreign language then translated but that made the book that much more interesting. I'm a big fan of crime & mysterious (ie: Grisham-type novels) and this book full-filled that entirely! The twists & turns, how you could never take anything at face value and the ultimate revelations made this page-turner once you got past the first half. Only because the first half was so much back story which you needed to be filled in on in order to get the story moving.
Conclusion: Definitely Recommend

3 comments :

  1. I still haven't read this series!! I'm so glad you joined in for Book Club Friday! :)

    I linked your post to my page for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are good reads!! sometimes they turned my stomach but quite an interesting story.

    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the Trilogy. Just sad that it had to end!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!