March 12, 2011

Don't be a Drag, Just be a Queen!

Saw this wise status on Facebook the other day:

So let's see...Kelsey Grammer can end a 15 yr marriage by phone, Larry King can be on divorce #9, Britney Spears had a 55 hour marriage, Jesse James and Tiger Woods - while married - were having sex with EVERYONE, 53% of Americans get divorced and 30-60% cheat on their spouses. Yet, same-sex marriage is going to destroy the institution of marriage? Really?

I’m not really going to comment because it’s self-explanatory. However, I still struggle to understand why people care so much about controlling others’ actions when they have no affect one your own life.

Is restricting gay marriage going to dissolve the GLBT community? Umm, no. All you’re really doing is restricting them from supporting the economy with outrageous wedding spending. And you know, all that marriage happiness.

This is an excellent lead in to what is becoming my theme of the past week -  Gaga’s Born This Way. 


I'd love to hear what you think of the video & her antics in general!


And since y'all loved my Gaga picture post so much the other day, here is a slideshow of the entire concert!!!




Hope you enjoy :)


 

4 comments :

  1. I saw that quote on someone's FB too and it's so true. Not even going to get into it, other than the fact that it blows my mind that people will do everything in their power to make sure some people can't get married. ugh it makes me sick. Moving on to gaga!
    1) thanks for putting up like 150 pictures, it didn't distract me from my paper at all ;) ahha
    2) the girl in the caution tape looked pretty awesome!
    3) I was upset that when I saw Gaga, she didn't get bloody. Is that weird? My favorite performance of hers (ever) is when she did paparazzi and hung herself at the MTV music awards or w/e show it was.
    4) still jealous you saw her and were ridic close!
    5) have you heard her song 'government hooker'? the background music reminds me of the club Circa in Toronto, not sure if you've been there..random lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that quote makes a lot of sense. I think that if a person is in love they should be able to get married no matter what sexual preference they have.

    Also, Lady GaGa is pretty much amazing and I'm super jealous you got to see her live. I could never afford that. The pictures are genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing what people consider acceptable and unacceptable. A marriage that can be measured in hours or days does far more damage to "the institution of marriage" than same-sex marriage could... unless a same-sex marriage was able to be measured in hours too. Then it would be equally as damaging... but I think that's just common sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments guys! Now if only the US Senate concurred...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!