February 14, 2011

Spreadin' Some Love!

So I guess it's Valentine's Day, eh? I'm pretty indifferent about it - until people try to cram pro or anti down my throat - so this is about as much acknowledgement as it's going to get from me.

Though I must say, I did have a rather splendid day because I got to wake up to a cute 'hey!' message from
#LatinLover who is all the way in Southeast Asia for another week!

In other news, the fantastic
Leanna @ OMG I Moved to NYC has given me yet another blog award! She's too good to me ;)


And here is my acceptance survey!

What inspires you?
My parents & our family friends - they packed up their lives in a small communist Eastern European country & moved to Canada in order to give their kids a better life. Now 20 years later, they're as well-adjusted as anyone else and we've got a million opportunities at our finger tips. Pretty fantastic.

Also, since I've started blogging, I've "met" so many fantastic ladies making it on their own out in the world, wherever it is that they may be - talk about Independent Women :)

What is your favorite season and why?
I like Spring & Fall...it's hard to pick. I love the medium temps...you can layer your pretty wardrobe but don't have to collapse underneath those layers! And you're either enjoying the coming of summer & all it has to offer...or reminiscing of its passing & all it brought you :)

What are you most looking forward to this year?
Living in the city, especially during summer!! Enjoying outdoor patios & drinks every.freaking.day!!! :)

If you could write a book about anything, what would it be about?
Ah Leanna - I don't want to steal this one but I also have to go with ridiculous dating adventures. And really, any random dumb - yet hilarious & lesson-learning - crap me & my friends have gone through. I feel like a group of us could really get together and write a real book on this LOL

What is your greatest passion?
Does finding happiness count? Like ultimate happiness. Through loving all aspects of life - my family, my friends, my job, my community & living to the fullest.


If you could change one thing about your life or yourself, what would it be and why?
What I'd like to change about myself is my tendency to view things in my life negatively. I'm generally rather good at being positive and supportive of my friends when they're down, but when it comes to myself - there's no support. Everything just seems all bad all the time - I over-think things & regret way too much. Need to take it easy & enjoy life!

Lastly, what is your favorite novel?
Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. LMM is a wonderful & descriptive author and I loved all the books in this series. But really, this is the book that started my adoration of reading & I will forever be grateful for that <3

Now on to the hard part...choosing who to dish out this award to!!! I'm sticking to the magic number 3.


Bree
@ .simply.girly.
lauren @ lauren vs. reality
Steph @ Influence 


2 comments :

  1. Aw, thanks for the award, girl! <3

    P.S: I like the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for passing it on!
    The city is so great in the summer! I especially love the beaches :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!