January 17, 2011

Golden Globes Tweet-cap!

I am currently re-living the Golden Globes highlights on ETCanada! which thankfully mostly consist of Ricky Gervais' epic wittiness. Since most of you may have been busy enjoying the wonderful weather watching other things last night, I'm happy to re-post my play-by-play tweets here. So the Coles Notes version if you will. You're welcome.

 is the funniest man alive. For real.
Seriously, he is the man. Proven by the following video...

Dear , your hair looks like shit. Probs why Ryan is divorcing you. Your dress isn't much better. 
Really, that hair? And those "sleeves"? I would have expected more. Plus, I think Ryan Reynolds deserves better. Like Sandra! ;)
{credit}

Christian Bale is British??? Wow hahah i had noooo idea :P I need to see 'The Fighter' 
I hear great things about this movie. Didn't Christian Bale used to be a washed up actor until...pretty much this movie came along?

She's always a miss. Consistenly. RT @: Julianne Moore opts for a bright pink satin gown. Hit or miss?
There's been worse. But why this woman cannot learn to dress appropriately for her (pretty) red hair [and age] is beyond me.
{credit}
OMG my night is complete -  just made an appearance. <3 <3 
I used to want Bruce Willis to be my dad. Yep, still do. Then Ashton Kutcher would kind of be my step-dad too.  Could lead to some awesomely awkward moments. ;)

I will never get over how good Beyonce looks as a blonde. I know - off topic. But so so true!!
OK, how does she pull it off?! So awesome. Moving on...
{credit}
If Social-fucking-Network wins anything, imma be pissed. Down with fucking .
I really spoke too soon on this one. But I do hate facebook.

OMG more awesomeness -  is here. I love this classic man, he's just so amazing. <3 <3 
I love classic actors! And old men apparently. But he does look awesome for 60+. Minus the botox =/

WHY and how is Tilda Swinton so fucking creepy all.the.time!!!???!?  Also -  has seriously lost his touch.

That's a talent in itself. She always looks the same. And I always fear nightmares afterwards. And I respect old Al Pacino, but lately - where's your golden touch?!

 looks fantastic. So sleek and classic. ladies could take pointers from her for sure. 

Nuff said

Ummmm when did  get so drop dead gorgeous??? Is he younger than me? That's ok, i like babies. 
Thankfully Bree filled me in that he's 23!

@ Really, 23?? Fantastic. Esp now that Vanessa-the-skank-Hudgens is outta the way. Oh ya my turn. I said that about Jake too lol
That would be Jake of the Gyllenhaal variety. What can I say - I'm not picky about my hott celeb men.

After the 2nd win by The Social Network:
@ obv I'm doing a terrible job paying attention. Was eye candy presenting that? That's prob the reason.
Again with the hott man distraction *sigh*

Awwww  is getting lifetime achievement from...so so wonderful!! <3
Two old(ish) men that I love! Yesssss. And both so funny.

Who's crying right now? I know i am.  
So well-deserved, he's just amazing <3

Nooooo fucking way. There were much better directors than freaking social network. 
Let's get real here - this movie won over Black Swan / The King's Speech / The Fighter/ INCEPTION!! Unacceptable. I'm really hating facebook by this point.

Really, tweeny  won over legit shows...sometimes the fact that this shit is rigged is just so obvious. 
I'm actually sure that Glee has its merits but not over 30 Rock / Big Bang Theory / The Big C / Nurse Jackie / Modern Family. Have you seen 30 Rock? Unending laughter.

Bet i know who dressed .... Am i right?? ;) 
She wore a corset with a beach wrap.
{credit}
And 's speech is awesome too!! RT @: yaaa natalie portman!! obvi black swan won!
Finally a legit win. This girl's a fantastic actress and doesn't take herself too seriously. She definitely called out her fiance's desire to sleep with her during her speech. LOL! Plus, she's the cutest little prego lady :)
{credit}
After stupid The Social Network won for best movie...
@ Inception was really great too! And SERIOUSLY wtf?!? Did they replace the critics with 20Yr-old frat boys?!? This is fucking ridic
What my tweet says. Whatever. #fuckfacebook.


I'm sure you all read/saw other Golden Globes coverage so I'm really interested to know who and what you liked/disliked!!! Sharing time :)


3 comments :

  1. I laughed my way through all of these once again. ScarJo and Sandra were in very similar dresses-wonder if they were pissed lol

    Also, I had no idea who Ricky Gervais was before this show-for real. I had heard of his name, but that was it. He was straight up hilarious. Offensive? Maybe to some people, but that's what comedians do; they take jabs at people, no?
    Another thing..the hollywood foreign press, or whoever it is that puts on the show, do they really not know what the host is going to talk about? Like, they don't have to submit their jokes/outline/speech bullet points/whatever you want to call it for 'approval'?? That kind of surprises me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's EXACTLY what I thought with Christian Bale. I had to look him up. I thought maybe he was faking it.

    Sadly, anyone who wore hot pink looked a little ridiculous. Natalie Portman was best dressed in my opinion. I also thought ScarJo and Sandra wore the same dress. And someone wore a sequined poncho. What?

    Next award show I'm totally making a drinking game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bree - I think I had kind of seen him in things but after last year's Globes, that was it - he's THE MAN! Regarding the pre-approval of his hilarity - I'm not sure. Realistically though, he can submit anything and then talk trash anyway. The show is live - it's really too late to stop him b/c they risk more negative press that way than if they just let him be funny. Ok, i'm a little biased though but there's some logic there LOL

    Judy - I was too lazy too Google (wow that sounds even worse out loud) so i hoped the Twitter-verse would confirm whether or not he was a liar. He's not lying apparently LOL Not sure if British suits him though...
    Who else wore hot pink? I can't remember. But Emma Stone looked AWESOME in peachy pink (imo). Extra awkward for ScarJo and Sandra wearing almost the same dress...*insert crickets* A sequined poncho though, that I didn't have the pleasure of seeing/mocking!!

    Also, I want to take part in this drinking game...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!