January 9, 2011

Bath time!

You know what doesn't get enough credit? Bathtime. At least from me. Sure it was fun back in the day, but who on earth has the time for baths these days?! Not I. Or so I thought.

[credit]
I had a friend in University who adored baths. Back then I think it was even more baffling that she'd find the time to take baths. I spent most of my time in class or in the library. Granted, napping somtimes a lot. But this girl not only found the time to nap, she got really pretty creative.

In our last semester, her townhouse only had a stand-up shower. To me, that's a pretty big deterrent for just not taking a bath. Not her. Using a wash cloth to plug the drain and assuming the fetal position is apparently an enjoyable bath. The bathroom may or may not have flooded a couple of times. Also acceptable.

You know when we push our luck and succeed and then want to push our luck even more? Exactly. So during yet another bath, bath-loving friend decides that she'd try to fill up her shower to her neck (sitting down not standing don't worry guys LOL) Yet another success. Until the drainage.

Long story short - the plumbing was overwhelmed and and flooded space between the 1st and 2nd floor and short-circuited the smoke detectors that would not stop going off until the landlord came to cut it off. Amazing. The most amazing part is that aside from myself and select few individuals that did not reside there, no one really knows what happened. The landlord called it the 'flood mystery.' We just know someone loves baths a liiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit too much!

Anyway, back to me. I discovered baths a week ago. WHAT? How did I not know what I had been missing out on?! And especially relaxing with a nice book. However, someone please enlighten me as to how attain this level of bubbles:
[credit]
So am I the only crazy one to not know how awesome baths are?!

5 comments :

  1. If you're going to start taking baths you need lots of these: http://www.lush.ca/shop/products/bath-shower/bubble-bars#more and these: http://www.lush.ca/shop/products/bath-shower/bath-bombs#more in your life!

    Oh and you can totally break them in half and use them twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I like bubble baths, I definitely don't take them all that often, and when I do, I find I get bored after like 10 minutes lol Reading never works for me because I always find a way to get my hands wet and then I can't hold the book/turn the page ha
    And I definitley don't take them in my apartment seeing as I share a washroom with a guy..and while we do have a cleaner that comes once a week..still , just no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i take baths several times a week! they're the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg yes baths are the best thing ever. and couldn't agree more about bath bombs - you need some of those! and some candles and a good book = perfection! :D xxZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leanna - i love that you went to lush.ca just for me :) haha I will have to actually go into a store soon then - i usually avoid b/c it looks so expensive but i know i won't be able to resist!

    Bree - you have to share with a boy?! Wait, is it Dylan? idk if that counts...lol How do you feel about getting your textbooks wet...maybe a good place to study?

    Tara - ya I can't believe I'm just discovering this!

    Zsara - Candles are missing from my experience! I will add them next time :)

    If only I could blog from the tub...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!