December 12, 2010

Holiday Spiritness

We're pretty much fully half way through the month and i have yet to say anything about the Holidays!

Last weekend was spent in a lot of Christmas tree decorating, and apparently I'm kind of pro! HeeHee

I don't know about you, but I think that spending a cold Saturday night drinking vino & tree decorating with good friends is pretty awesome!!




Yvonne's little blue & silver tree
Sunday morning I woke up with the motivation to decorate my own tree - which had been standing naked in my living room for 4 days. Popped in Jingle All The Way in the meantime - I hadn't seen it but it definitely won't be making its way onto my list of favourite Christmas movies of all time.

My big red & silver tree
By day...
& by night.
I haven't been too much in the Christmas spirit this year, not sure why. Probably has something to do with living alone. But I put up my tree, put out my outdoor lights & am motivating myself to do some baking by buying all of the necessary ingredients. Things are pretty busy though, I'm not sure when I'm going to fit it all in!

Oh yes...and I may or may not have not started my Christmas shopping. At all. And I juuust started getting some ideas for gifts today! *eek* I think the fact that I was so stressed about not knowing what to buy people also didn't help the lack of Christmas spirit. So this week, it'll be in full force! :)

Tonight I'm enjoying some Glühwein, which is a warm winter German version of sangria. Basically, it's heated spiced red wine. And I looove it. I brought back a bunch of Glühwein spices 2 years ago & I'm glad I did. Not that I wouldn't be able to find any here at an ethnic store, but knowing where it came from makes it that much more delicious! I don't normally like red wine, but I love this so I definitely recommend trying it :))

That reminds me - I really need to do my Christmas cards. That are being mailed to Europe...oops!

9 comments :

  1. Hey there, Daniela! You have such a cute blog:) I am now following you thanks to Boost My Blog Friday!
    Oh and don't forget to stop by today to check our easy steps to become a successful blog! See you there! Happy Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw pretty tree! And that warm sangria sounds so yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drinking with friends while decorating? Now THAT is what the holidays are all about! Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww your tree is so nice!! Make some eggnog and put a Chrsitmassy film on, that'll help raise your Christmas spirits. A personal favourite of mine is The Holiday...I love that movie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tree! :D Sounds like a good party too. I don't have a tree where I'm at yet. :( And it feels wrong! I do have snow though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tree looks great! I am your new follower. You can follow me back at http://showmemama.com. Make sure you leave a comment so I know you visited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! I've definitely been getting more into the spirit over the last week & even started Christmas shopping - today of all days, I'm going to brace myself & do some more. Idk if i'll make it out alive...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!