October 28, 2010

Packin' up my life

Ok, maybe not my whole life but a good part of it! 

I've never gone through the gawd awful awesome process of moving before, being lucky enough to have been able to attend a great university nearby [YAY no debt!] so this is all new to me.

But after doing this for 3 days - more like 2 b/c i skipped doing anything at all on Tuesday - i think i'm going to live in my new place FOREVER!

Packing this shit up all over again?! No thank you, i'm not that big of a masochist. Plus, i can only imagine how much worse it would be to have to pack everything and have a deadline! At least i can leave stuff behind in my old room, or come back for things i forget.

I now completely understand why some people stay at home until they're married. Who the heck wants to move more than absolutely necessary?! No one smart.

This probably wouldn't be so bad if i didn't own so much useless awesome crap. Trinket boxes full of useless trinkets anyone? Come visit and TAKE THEM ALL! I'm not taking them, but i have to sort through everything to find what i do want.

Here's what's been taking up my time this week:
The only glasses i own are of the wine & martini variety. Shocking, i know.
HOW am i going to pack this up?!
It doesn't look like an improvement but it is.
[sorry for the dark photo]
2 of 3 suitcases.
Whoever lets me buy any more stuff should be shot.
So if you don't hear from me for a long time - it's because this pack rat drowned in her sea of stuff!

PS: Moving help is always welcome! No? Meh, i tried.

7 comments :

  1. Ah yes, it was not fun when I had to move either. But like you, I can always leave stuff at my parents, or pick it up if I forget it. I've (obviously) accumulated more stuff while being on my own, and the thought of moving out, whenever that is, is daunting. Plus, I kind of love it here and would miss it.

    If you need a cupcake or something sweet to make the process a little better, I suggest Dessert Lady in Yorkville. No idea what part you're moving to (wait, it IS Toronto right? haha) but if you're near Yorkville, their red velvet anything is the best I've ever had!
    Hope the move goes as smoothly as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate hate hate hate moving, i even hate it when someone i know is moving because i'll have to help

    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. I just went through the packing nightmare about a month ago. I ended up leaving a lot of shit at my parents' house because I just didn't know what to do with it.

    Good luck. Put on some music with a good beat and show that heap of stuff who's boss! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I'm your newest follower! Yes, moving sucks!! I hate it! I've done it way too many times in my life. You would think I'm an expert but not so much. What I have learned from all my moves is to always be getting rid of stuff, clothes, knick knacks, basically everything. About once a month, I go through my clothes and get rid of anything that I don't like or just doesn't fit right anymore. It sounds annoying but it's such a nice cleansing feeling. Good luck with your upcoming move!
    -http://leahainla.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally understand. My parents are making the 4 hour trek down here next Saturday to bring all my winter clothes. There's just never enough room in the car for everything when you first move!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh I hate moving too, I used to go to boarding school and I had to pack up my room every 2 months...honestly took forever. I hope you've settled into your new place :) Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that it's done - i still hate moving. I feel less alone though :)

    Bree - I'll have to check it out when i go exploring! Though one of my goals is to exercise more...LOL

    Leah - that's a great tip!! I will have to start doing this as well to de-clutter my life!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!