October 19, 2010

Apartment? Check!

Good news - my blogging will not be disrupted by homelessness since i have found a place to live!!! Yay me :)  It wasn't easy though - day 1 was very discouraging.

By Friday evening the options were looking pretty slim. One superintendent showed me a place (where someone still lived!) that was not in great condition, and all they were going to do was clean it up a bit - no painting, no floor re-doing, NADA - and she wanted to charge $1150 + $80 OUTDOOR parking!!! Yeah - i wasn't having any of that. Problem was - most of them were like that :(

Saturday morning i woke up determined & we hit the pavement, but there wasn't much to see. By Saturday afternoon i realized that the 1st place i had seen was the one.

It's the perfect location, perfect size, perfect floor-to-ceiling windows & cuteness. Like my friend said, it's just so ME! 

I'm so excited! 
But i still haven't had time to bask in enjoyment because i have to call and rent a moving truck, get my cable/internet installation all sorted out, figure out what i'm going to bring with me and what i will leave behind - and then PACK!

I haven't moved too often in my life but I've travelled plenty to know that packing sucks. And this packing-my-whole-life will likely be worse. Luckily for me, I have 4.5 days to settle in before starting work :)


It makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside to think of how well things have actually been going lately :)

This song also makes me feel warm & fuzzy - enjoy!
The Michael Bublé version, because he's so dreamy



7 comments :

  1. Yay!!! So glad to hear you won't be homeless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YA! Good news! You're going to love the city. I moved from Hamilton 3 years ago and haven't looked back!! I love my neighborhood and everything about it, and the whole city in general :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations with the apartment! :) It is an exciting feeling, eh?

    Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post and for following too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on finding a place! hope you share photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you thank you thank youuuuuuuuuuuu all :) I'm pumped! No one warned me about the massive 'prep work' but i'll deal. I HEART this apartment i can't wait to make it my own!! Hopefully i can post before/after pics so u can see the transformation process haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome! Congrats on the new place and the new job! Sounds like your life is taking off. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!