September 14, 2010

The mall is for picking up right?

I realize i haven't posted in too long, and it's not that i don't care - i just don't want to bore you with my currently-lame existence. Being unemployed is really useless right now - i have all the time in the world right now, with nothing to do.

This is what happens when all your friends move to the big city with big-city jobs and your love for travelling consumes you & you decide that staying home & saving money to see more of the world is the best idea possible.

It's not a bad idea but we all know what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket. Well, same thing that happens when you consume too many eggs - that shit just is not good for you. See, i haven't posted b/c i'm now making you read about eggs & protein! Lame.

But i do have a
hilar story, don't worry.

Finally made it to the mall this past weekend - i had been avoiding this plethora of temptations since my return from Europe. Something you should know is that i have zero self-control when it comes to things i love and/or want.

However, my sis managed to convinced me even though getting there at 4:30PM only gave us 1.5hrs to shop! I know, our mall closes at 6PM, crazy right?! I don't even know if that's legal, still looking into it.


So upon getting to the mall we realized my car was steaming. Not like smoking and over-heating...just sizzling and steaming. That sexy old Toyota of mine ;) Before heading home, i popped the hood to see if there was anything wrong. I moonlight as a mechanic, if you didn't know. No dead raccoons under the hood = we're safe.


Well apparently that was kind of attractive to a pair of Dre/Eminem wannabes - who seriously, looked so fucking ridiculous - and they proceeded to blatantly stare in our direction as i got into my car, started it, and pulled out of my parking spot. My poor, naive sister was rather relieved when they were no longer in sight.


As we're pulling out out of the parking lot i check my rearview mirror (being the great driver that i am) and...

"WTF, they're RIGHT behind us?! How'd they get in their car and catch up to so fast?!"

If you're wondering whether these douchebags followed us...yes, yes they did. Through 6 sets of lights and a stop sign.

Or more exactly the next 5km (3miles), aka 10ish minutes:
[thank you Google Maps <3]
Every 10 seconds my sis asked if they were still behind us...*mirror check*...yep still there. Of course trying to get our attention in every way possible: leaning half out the window, their pounding bass, small honks...TAILING MY ASS. It took them ^that^ long to realize we were not interested!

Finally...

N: [on the phone] OMG some douchebag guys are
following us home from the mall!!!!!!!!
    [to me] Are they still there?
D: Yep still...oh wait, they're turning down a street. Maybe they were just going some-...
    Nope they're definitely doing a U-turn. Goooooood-bye!

Quite frankly, they were more than welcome to follow us all the way home and be greeted by my father. 300lb of angry-looking Bulgarian would scare anyone...except me and my sis - we're over it ;)

$200 later today, i have a new radiator. Car parts are so overrated.

I promise to try to make my life more exciting soon. LOL

11 comments :

  1. OMG. You and sis are hilarious. Maybe the guys were mechanics and wanted to check under your hood. Lol
    Victor

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can't believe those guys followed you all the way home! CREEPS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *almost* all the way home...idk what i would have done otherwise *eek*! Probably take the highway and lead them on a crazy chase LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is creepy about the guys following you! I understand about writing posts - I quit my job to finish school work online and I don't have much of a life as can't spend money so I feel like my posts are pretty boring since I just work on school and don't leave the house too much! I didn't make it to Starbucks... yet... I'll let you know how I like the toffee mocha when I try it - if you try it before me let me know what you think!! Have a fabulous Wednesday and keep posting! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, life can be so scary for a girl! Sounds like you're looking our for yourself though.

    Note to self: don't stalk a girl if I wish to befriend her

    ReplyDelete
  6. My life is currently on the same path as yours...I moved home after college to save money while all my friends moved to the big city! Love the egg analogy haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the blog roll shout out missy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your life doesn't sound boring to me!! That's weird about those guys following you!! Scary!! Haha good thing you have your dad around :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. boys are sooo weird these days aha x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all your comments!! :))

    Ya it was way creepy. But the fact that they did an OBVIOUS u-turn and gave up just makes it completely hilarious! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Silly boys. Also, good luck finding a job! I'm in the same boat as you and it sucks.

    New to your blog! I can't wait to read more!

    http://www.simplykateweber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading & responding to all your comments!